Owing to its high density of hospitals, Bochum ranks amongst the most significant hospital locations throughout Germany. The clinic of the Ruhr-University Bochum treats around 300,000 patients each year. In 1976, the five specialist clinics, which are geographically separated from each other, were merged to form the clinic of the Ruhr-University Bochum. Established as „Bochumer Modell“, the institution now enjoys an outstanding reputation that goes far beyond regional borders.
The head physicians of the clinics hold a chair at the Ruhr-University Bochum at the same time. About 1,000 physicians and 2,500 nurses, as well as 3,500 beds and more than 100,000 inpatient treatments each year make the hospitals of Bochum the major provider of inpatient hospital treatment in one of the most densely populated agglomeration centers of Europe.
In addition to the locations of the Ruhr-University´s clinic, medlands.RUHR includes numerous other, highly-specialized hospitals.
Hospitals in Bochum
- Augusta-Kranken-Anstalt Bochum
- Augen- und Laserklinik Dr. Krumeich
- Berufsgenossenschaftliches Universitätsklinikum Bergmannsheil
- Grönemeyer Institut für Mikrotherapie
- HELIOS St. Josefs-Hospital Bochum-Linden
- Hyperthermie-Tagesklinik Bochum
- Katholisches Klinikum Bochum
- Klinik am Ruhrpark
- Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum-Langendreer
- LWL-Universitätsklinik Bochum
- Marien Hospital Wattenscheid
- Martin-Luther-Krankenhaus Wattenscheid
- Viktoria Klinik Bochum